Saturday, November 10, 2012

Notre Dame vs. Boston College

Here we go, quick immediate post ND game post. Boring is the best word to describe this 21-6 Notre Dame win over Boston College. While I am happy that ND won, I am disappointed that they couldn't get more points & put up impressive numbers to help boost themselves in the polls. Which, as the media likes to remind us, is very important for ND in order to have a chance of making it to the championship game. But let's get back to the game first.


Spartacus gifs!

The history between ND & BC has been an interesting one for sure, it's peppered with BC playing spoiler for perfect ND seasons. Many a ND heart has been broken from BC hangover games, therefore one can never overlook BC. I know that many of my fellow ND fans thought that this would be an easy, almost practice like game for the Irish. Yeah, that didn't work out that way.

I was surprised & impressed by BC's QB Rettig.  He has a really good arm on him, makes good decisions & he's surprisingly good in the pocket. His head's up plays in the first quarter certainly made me nervous. I was also very surprised by BC's o-line, they protected Rettig frustratingly well. Thankfully, ND's D was able to successfully adjust & held BC to only 2 FGs the whole game. ND LB Shembo had a really good game, as well as DE Tuitt.


Bye, Boston College.

ND's offense did well, besides two drive killing fumbles from Atkinson & Riddick respectfully, the O drove down the field with relative ease against BC. It was a decent game for Golson. He had some really good throws & runs, but he also made a few decision mistakes, which is to be expected considering his age. I feel like I say this after every game, but every young QB learns on the job. You have to take the mistakes in order for them to grow. I was really happy to see Eifert get so many touches today, considering he hasn't been as visible this year as he was last.


The crowd roars at the sight of Gannicus Eifert.

I was very nervous towards the end of the game. The undefeated stress is strong, I tell you what. Bama lost to Texas A&M, which starts to open the path for ND's championship run. It's questionable whether an undefeated ND could jump undefeated Oregon or undefeated Kansas State. I'm of the belief that ND could jump Kansas State with a win over USC, but who knows? A lot can happen in the next few weeks & I don't believe that both Oregon & Kansas State will be undefeated by the end of the season. For that matter, there's a chance ND won't be undefeated either. ND just has to win & we'll have to continue to worry about NC dream scenarios.


My fav Spartacus ever, too bad it's blurry.

For now, Notre Dame is 10-0. Keep on keeping on. Go Irish!

No comments:

Post a Comment