Tuesday, September 4, 2012

ND vs. Navy

Hey guys! Sorry it's been a bit. I kept meaning to post, but it was a busy holiday weekend for me. I hope everyone had a great LDW. I can't believe that it's already September. I love summer and I hate winter, so I'm definitely not happy about the upcoming cooler weather.

How about them Irish though, aye? Notre Dame played Navy in Dublin, Ireland this past Saturday, for those that are unaware. I admit that I was pretty nervous about the game, considering our recent history with Navy. I knew that this Navy team wasn't supposed to be a strong one, but you can never sleep on them. I was also a bit concerned that the long travel would affect the team. Thankfully, it didn't seem like it did & ND pulled out a 50-10 victory.

Is it weird that I planned out my outfit for the game the day before & took pics of it? Especially since I was only planning on watching the game at home, by myself? Yes, yes that is weird. I was planning to, you know, wear the outfit in the pics, but I'm still a little shy about this whole blogging thing. As weird as it sounds, I just don't want anyone I know from real life to find my blog. I know that the odds of that happening are pretty small, but I still don't want it to happen. I feel like I can't be completely open if I know that people I know in irl are reading this. Anyone else feel this way? I had a secret twitter for about a year until my cousin found it & then just recently another cousin found it. I hate it. I find myself second guessing if I should post certain things or not. Blah. I wish I could shake it.


Blurry phone pic, ftw.

Anyway, back to the gamewatch outfit. The jersey is a Demetrius Jones jersey in youth large. Pro tip ladies, buy sports apparel in youth sizes. There's way more variety than the ladies section & it's way cheaper. I bought the jersey at a local Campus Colors store, here's a link to a similar jersey.

Yup, I'm one of those fools that thought Jones should've started over Clausen in 2007. So foolish, that I bought his jersey to proclaim this fact a few weeks before the start of the season. That lasted all of one game, for which I was in attendance. Uh huh, I was at the Georgia Tech game *hangs head in shame*. I now tell everyone that it's a Michael Floyd jersey. Ha.


I'll take clearer pics at some point.

 Plaid shorts are from T.J. Maxx. My gold boat shoes are Sperry Top-Siders, that I got for a steal from Amazon. For real, they're the most comfortable shoes I own. As far as accessories go, I like to keep things simple when I wear sporty things. The ND bracelet is from the ND bookstore years ago, sorry I can't find anything similar on their website. An evil eye bracelet that my aunt bought me on her travels to Turkey. A Celtic cross that I bought at Medieval Times 10 years ago, haha! Finally, a heart necklace from Forever21, here's something similar Heart Pendant Necklace (Google Affiliate Ad).


You need to buy these right now! So comfortable.

 But, back to the game. I was pleasantly surprised by how well ND played. It's been a rough few years for sure & I've changed from an eternally optimistic fan, to well... a pretty negative fan. But it's always nice to pull out a big win & essentially have little to complain about. It was great to see Brian Kelly stick to the run, finally. I still think this team will probably end up 7-5 in season, but who knows. I don't think we can take too much from this game, considering a down Navy team isn't a good barometer for the rest of the season. Overall, it was a good feel game at great setting. Aviva stadium is beautiful. I'm really happy that the team went back to play in Ireland & I hope that they return again within the next few seasons.

Yikes, this is getting really long & I need to wrap it up, sorry! I meant to do an outfit post the day before the game, but never got around to it. This is basically two posts in one, so thanks for reading all of this, internet people!

No comments:

Post a Comment