Thursday, September 6, 2012

You win this round, Dryer.

Hey, internet buddies (all 2 of you)! How's life been since... Tuesday?

Nothing much has been going on here. On the boring front, I've been basically wrestling with my clothes dryer.  For the past few months I've had to keep the dryer on for longer & longer times. It's to the point now where a full load of clothes takes nearly 2 hours to dry. So, off to the internet it was to search for a reason why my dryer wasn't drying. Mr. Internet told me that the most common reason for slow dryers is a lint build up in the vents, which is also apparently the 10th most common reason for house fires. Yikes!

Needless to say, I did what I always do when I have a question on how to do something... I searched for youtube tutorials on how to clean dryer vents. Armed with a humorous walk through on vent cleaning, I decided to do it myself. First, I hand cleaned the lint trap with a toothbrush & dishwashing soap. That was kinda gross. Then I took on the big task of disconnecting the vent from the dryer & diving right in. SO MUCH LINT. Ugh. Good thing for you, I didn't photo document this adventure. I cleaned as much as a could with a powerful vacuum & an unraveled wire hanger.



I know, I know... I hear all you experts groaning about me using a vacuum & a wire to clean the vent, but whatever I didn't blow up. I kinda half-assed it & didn't take out the entire back panel of the dryer to clean out the inevitable interior lint build up. I tried drying a load of clothes later & while it did dry faster, it was still much slower than it should be. So, it looks like me & that dryer will be Round 2 wrastlin' soon enough.



I've also done a good amount of baking the past few days, so I'll leave you with pics of the Nutella Brownies & Almond Coffee Cake I made as a sign of gratitude for reading a post about dryer vent cleaning.

Oh yeah, Nutella Brownies.


Almond Coffee Cake in a fancy cake mold.

See ya on the flipside!

No comments:

Post a Comment