Friday, October 5, 2012

Go Away, Cold Weather.

This is the time of year that seemingly every girl becomes really excited about being able to wear fall fashion again. Layers, coats, boots, etc. But I'm the opposite of that. I prefer summer fashion. I just think that it is so much easier to throw on a dress & look put together, rather than having to pair a ton of pieces together. Also, I really hate wearing coats. I just feel so restricted in them. I'm one of those crazies that wont wear a coat unless the temp. dips below freezing. Hey, I'm from Chicago, I can take the cold.

I'm also not a layering girl. I feel like some odd duck, but I really don't like layering clothes. I like clean lines & layering is the opposite of clean lines. I feel like it disturbs/breaks up the natural flow of a garment. Especially when you wear a cami under a low cut dress. I certainly understand trying to keep an air of modesty, as I am very well-endowed, but a cami under a low v-neck dress just looks bad to me. It breaks the pattern, if you know what I mean.

I also hate leggings. Like REALLY HATE LEGGINGS. I only own one pair of leggings that essentially came free with a pair of shoes I bought at DSW. I've never worn them, but if/when I do, it's only going to be with a sweater dress & tall boots. I don't like the break of flow leggings cause on legs. They make everyone look stumpy. At least when you wear them with tall boots, there isn't that pesky break of flow. Let's not even get into detail about people that wear leggings as pants. They're not pants, period.

The one cold weather staple that I do love is boots. Every year I buy boots, but yet every year I still want more. I have muscley, athletic calves from a combo of genetics/working out, so I have to be super careful with tall boots. My shoe size is only 6-6 1/2, which only makes my problem worse. All regular sized boots are too small for me, thus I've had to give away a beloved, but too small pair before to my little cousin. I bought a pair of black knee high, lace-up boots last year thinking that the laces would make the boots adjustable. I was wrong, the laces were basically just for decoration. I still have them, as I'm planning on getting an elastic extension sewn into the back of the boots. I really wish most companies would just make adjustable tall boots. I know a lot of skinny calf-ed (is that a word?) girls also have problems with boot fit.

Any, to end this post about fashion complaints, I give you what may be my last warm weather outfit of the year. Because ending a post with a summer outfit makes sense when the post started off about fall fashion peeves, right? I wore this when it was still in the 70s, I'm holding on to summer as long as I can.


Come back, Summer. Come back.

 This is just a simple coral tank from Victoria's Secret. This one comes close. It's a little short, so I only wear it with high-waisted skirts, otherwise it drives me nuts having to pull it down all the time. The skirt is from Tulle & it's sadly not in stock anymore, but here is a link to their skirt sale selection if you're interested in a similar style. I love Tulle, they have great high quality clothes at reasonable prices. They're sale events are second to none, I got that normally priced $50+ skirt on sale for $6. It's a bit longer than I prefer, so I'm planning on hemming it myself once I get the time.


For when you want to sacrifice comfort for cuteness.

 I got these shoes last summer at DSW. I was able to find a couple pairs on Ebay if you're interested. They are really cute, but not at all comfortable. I only wear them if I know that I will be sitting down a lot.


Old, made to look old, new.

 & finally the accessories. The gold watch is actually one of my dad's old watches. His parent gave it to him for his 8th grade graduation, so it's about 45 years old. I really like the look of men's watches, so I asked him for one of his & he gave me this one. I think it's cool to think that I'm wearing a watch that my grandparents gave to my dad. I got the necklace from Francescas a few months ago, so again, it's not in stock anymore. I was able to find it here though. It's a clock necklace with an Alice in Wonderland background & it was such an exciting find. You can also find embellished versions of it on Etsy. Finally, the bracelet is from a store I can't remember, but it's just a simple basket weave beaded bracelet. You can find these anywhere.

& that's all I have for you today. Look, I didn't mention football once! Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment