Wednesday, October 3, 2012

ND vs. Michigan

Hey there! So, this is where I apologize yet again for taking nearly 2 weeks to blog. It's pretty much my theme here.

Anyway, did you see that ND vs. Michigan game? It was an ugly one for sure, but man did it feel good to finally be on the other side of a game like that. For so many years ND has been the team that suffered incredibly bad luck (or play, depending on who you ask), especially when we played Michigan in recent years. I have become so accustomed to it that I was waiting for some monumental football type catastrophe to happen in the final minutes of the fourth, but thankfully that didn't happen. Michigan, however, won't be able to run that Denard for Heisman campaign this year.

Notre Dame has it's own Heisman candidate this year though, Manti Te'o. Even though it's near impossible for a defensive player to win the Heisman & no linebacker has ever won it, I think Te'o may have a good chance. His play has just been so out of this world the past two games. He plays inspired & he inspires as he plays. He's ND's Tebow, except you know, he has NFL talent at his given position. Like I had stated in my previous blog, tons of ND faithful wore leis in honor of Manti's grandmother & his girlfriend's recent passing. It was such a nice sight to see & I can't imagine how special it was for Manti, his family & his girlfriend's family to see so much support.


I did my part & wore a lei with my ND jersey even though I watched at home.


ND had a bye week this past weekend & they play Miami in Chicago at Soldier Field on Saturday. Even though I am from Chicago, I am not pleased with the decision to play there. Soldier Field is the smallest NFL stadium in the league & they seat 20,000 less than ND stadium. I don't see the point of playing at a smaller stadium when your own home stadium is 1 1/2 hours away. Now, I understand the concept of barnstorming & unlike many traditional ND fans, I actually like when they play in different stadiums. But I only like it when ND plays in unique venues. ND played Army in the first football game in New Yankee Stadium. ND played in Ireland vs. Navy this year. They are also playing ASU in the Cowboys stadium next year. One of these things is not like the other. Sure, a game at Soldier Field is exciting if you're Northwestern or Iowa, but Notre Dame is Notre Dame. If they wanted a nearby NFL stadium they should have went for the Colts stadium. But hey, I don't make the decisions (even if sometimes I think I should).

Moving on with football. How about them Patriots? Whew, thankfully they beat the Bills. I was getting nervous & I never get nervous about the Pats. The Pats organization is the only sports organization that I completely trust to do the right the ship & fix their problems. Hopefully this will ignite their fire & they can get back to complete domination. Hopefully it also makes Tom Brady angry. Angry Tom Brady is my favorite kind of Brady. He makes me scared & attracted to him at the same time, haha. Oh yeah, he also plays like he's possessed.

It's been awhile since I posted an OOTD, so I'm posting my warm weather Pats outfit now, considering this may be the last time I'll be able to post this & have it be believable. Winter is coming.


Blurry pic of my Pats outfit, oh yeah.


This is the full outfit. I got the shirt from Victoria's Secret about a year ago. I just checked out their new line & I'm pretty disappointed in it. But I do like this shirt. That would be cute layered over a tank. I'd also like these shorts, I'm really feeling mesh mini workout shorts. This long sleeve top is really comfy cute too. I'll have to wait until they go on sale, & you know, I actually have the money to buy them.

Oops, I got sidetracked with online browsing, haha. The shorts in the pic are from Forever21 & I got them a few months ago. I LOVE these shorts, they were only about $10 & they came in a ton of bright colors. I ended up getting another pair in coral. Seriously these are my favorite shorts, comfy & cheap. Sadly, they don't seem to have them on the website anymore, but these seem to be very similar Essential Woven Shorts (Google Affiliate Ad). These are less bright, more neutral.


My Patriots purse is very sophisticated.

Yep, you saw that right. I have a Patriots purse! I love this little thing. I really don't like carrying my expensive leather purses to places where I'd watch football. There's so many gooey kind of hazards to avoid when you're in a stadium or a sports bar. It's so nice to carry something you don't have to worry about, but with added team spirit, haha. I got it at NFLShop but they don't seem to have it in stock anymore. I did a little searching & found it here but it's out of stock. Amazon has a few similar ones, but they are in blue & have different detailing. Sorry about that. Hopefully you can find it somewhere if you're interested in it.


If you don't like boat shoes then I don't like you.

These are my Rock & Candy boat shoes. I got them from DSW last summer & look they're still in stock! Haha, finally I can give you guys a good exact link. These are really cute, like a little slice of Americana in a shoe. However, they can be so-so on the comfy scale. The sides & the back of the shoes really gave me a problem until I was able to break them in.


No, you're not too good for Forever21.

Finally, my jewelry. I've posted the necklace before, it's Forever21 & this one comes pretty close. The bracelets are also Forever21. These were the closest that I could find for you, which sucks because the ones I have were only about $1 for the set of three bracelets & they came in a ton of fun colors. I'm actually wearing a yellow set right now & I also have a purple set. I'm a big match my outfit with a bracelet kind of gal, so I have a ton bracelets in different colors. I'm always on the hunt for cheap bracelets in new colors/materials & these were a great find. I noticed that Forever21 often brings these back every now & then, so keep a lookout if you're interested.

Yikes, this got really long. I get really talky when football & fashion collide, I guess. I feel like all I talk about is football & I swear to you guys that I have more interests, but tis the season. I want to do a few beauty/fitness posts & a Halloween costume series, so be on the lookout for those. That is, if I can actually churn out the amount of blogs I want to, haha. See ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment