Saturday, October 20, 2012

BYU vs. ND

Yay, second immediate ND reaction post in a row! Whew, big sigh of relief over here. ND pulled out a close win in a battle game against BYU. They are now 7-0 & still in the conversation. ND's fate is in their own hands & if they manage to win all of their games then they WILL be in the National Championship game. But let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.


Game of Thrones gif post? Yeah!

I didn't expect ND to come out this flat & sloppy for the game. The stupid & rather unnecessary personal fouls were really driving me crazy. But I'll give it to BYU, they really played a good game against ND. Their QB is really good & made me miss the mobility of Golson. BYU's little cupcake passes were really torching ND for a bit there. I was definitely getting nervous & yelling at my tv a bit too much.


Sometimes ND frustrates me, ok?

Thankfully ND really came through in the second half. The o-line, especially, did a very good job at imposing their will on BYU & eventually wearing them down in the 4th. Riddick had a fantastic game, so did Cierre, with both RBs reaching over 100 yards today. I was, as always, nervous about Rees playing. I think anyone that has watched ND during 2010-2011 gets nervous when Rees plays. But it was a good idea to protect Golson after his concussion last week.  We definitely need Golson in full form next week.

The D really stepped up. It's so strange to have a great defensive after years of having D problems. KLM, Nix & Te'o had really good games again. I was really happy for Spond as well. He has really stepped up this season. I'm glad for that Te'o's that ND beat BYU. Manti has received a lot of heat from that school ever since he picked ND over them. It's as if they believe that because of his religion he was bond to them. It's not like the guy has the freedom to choose whatever school/team that best fit him or anything.


We'd be rollin'.

ND heads to Norman next week to play Oklahoma in primetime. Boy howdy, I have been scared of this game since last year. OU is OU & playing them at home is nearly impossible. This will be ND's biggest test of the season. Honestly, I have no idea what to expect. I don't know how ND will fair against OU, but that game will for sure tell everyone if ND is truly back. Win that game & silence everyone.


It's just a gold helmet, that's all.

Go Irish!

No comments:

Post a Comment